The Developing and Organizing a Trauma System and Mass Casualty Management course is offered to local and international participants.
This course is targeted towards physicians, nurses, and paramedics involved in the organization and treatment of trauma victims. The course includes visits to other Israeli trauma units, pre-hospital facilities, an IDF Medical Corps facility, and includes a mass casualty table top drill.
- Comprehending the continuity of trauma patients treatment in a trauma system, and the structures involved in various phases of treatment
- Developing a model of a trauma system
- Mass casualty preparedness
By the end of the course, participants are equipped to be able to develop a working plan with clear ideas for the implementation of a Trauma System/Mass Casualty Situation Organization, and a method for beginning the building of a Trauma System/Mass Casualty Situation Organization in their own countries.
- Guided panels
- Visits to trauma units
- Visits to pre-hospital facilities
- Visit to an IDF Medical Corps facility
- Mass casualty drill
To date, there have been 512 participants from 63 countries, just in the Developing and Organizing a Trauma System and Mass Casualty Management course. Hundreds of other medical professionals have been trained either at Rambam or in courses given in host countries.