The name “Rambam” was only applied to Rambam Health Care Campus in 1952 However, Rambam’s history pre-dates the modern State of Israel.
Few people know that our history began with the laying of a cornerstone for a small Catholic convent in 1888. That building, “the Stone House,” is still used by Rambam Health Care Campus today. It transitioned from a convent, to an Ottoman military hospital, and back to a convent. The Stone House was later abandoned, and was eventually sold to the State of Israel in 1961. It was renovated and administrative offices and various medical services operate within its walls.