Hadar Zigdon-Giladi (D.M.D., Ph.D) is a periodontal surgeon and researcher in the field of bone regeneration, and the Deputy Director, in the Department of Periodontology at Rambam Health Care Campus. She is also a clinical instructor in the Department of Periodontology, Head of the Laboratory for Bone Repair in the School of Graduate Dentistry at Rambam, and a member of the Clinical Research Institute at Rambam (CRIR) were she performs her research.
After graduating from the Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University in 2001, she completed a post graduate periodontology program in the Department of Periodontology, School of Graduate Dentistry, at Rambam Health Care Campus (2008), and her Periodontology Specialist Certificate from the European Federation of Periodontology (2008). She received her PhD from the Technion’s Ruth & Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine (2012), focusing on bone regeneration using adult stem cells.
Dr. Zigdon-Giladi’s research focusses on understanding the role of endothelial progenitor cells in bone regeneration; to that end she is assisted by MSc and MD students under her supervision.
Dr. Zigdon-Giladi is the recipient of the Teva Israel award for her clinical research (2010), the International College of Dentistry (ICD) award for basic research (2012), and the Innovation in Regenerative Dentistry award from the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Periodontologie (2012). She has also received grants from the government of Israel (Ministry of Health and Ministry of Commerce and Industry) and from the Israel science foundation and the AOCMF foundation to pursue research in the field of stem cell therapy
- Endothelial Progenitor Cells inhibit jaw osteonecrosis in a rat model: A major adverse effect of bisphosphonate therapy.
Tamari T, Elimelech R, Cohen G, Cohen T, Doppelt O, Eskander-Hashoul L, Zigdon-Giladi H.
Sci Rep. 2019 11;9(1):18896
- Predicting Angiogenesis by Endothelial Progenitor Cells Relying on In-Vitro Function Assays and VEGFR-2 Expression Levels.
Sabbah N, Tamari T, Elimelech R, Doppelt O, Rudich U, Zigdon-Giladi H
Biomolecules. 2019 8;9(11). pii: E717. doi: 10.3390/biom9110717.
- VEGF release from a polymeric nanofiber scaffold for improved angiogenesis.
Zigdon-Giladi H, Khutaba A, Elimelech R, Machtei EE, Srouji S.
J Biomed Mater Res A. 2017;105(10):2712-2721.
- The use of endothelial progenitor cells combined with barrier membrane for the reconstruction of peri-implant osseous defects: an animal experimental study.
Machtei EE, Kim DM, Karimbux N, Zigdon-Giladi H.
J Clin Periodontol. 2016;43(3):289-97.
- Safety profile and long-term engraftment of human CD31+ blood progenitors in bone tissue engineering.
Zigdon-Giladi H, Elimelech R, Michaeli-Geller G, Rudich U, Machtei EE.
- The dimensions of keratinized mucosa around implants affect clinical and immunological parameters.
Zigdon H, Machtei EE.
Clin Oral Implants Res. 2008;19(4):387-92.