Rambam Innovation Center
The Rambam Innovation Center (RIC) promotes and enables novel technology development, in line with the hospital’s commitment to being a leader in cutting-edge medicine both nationally and globally. The Center was established in order to nurture innovation and entrepreneurship, and facilitate breakthroughs in the field of medicine and health care.
RIC ensure comprehensive professional support starting from the concept stage, through proof-of-concept and later to pre-clinical and first-in-human clinical trial stages. The Center aims to identify unmet medical needs, focusing on the design of medical devices, tissue engineering and digital health. In addition to supporting proof-of-principle research and first-in-human clinical trials, RIC champions the founding of new start-up companies, as well as enabling new intellectual property and high-quality scientific publications.
RIC is divided into six units:
• Rambam Innovation Lab – Contains state-of-the-art designing and manufacturing machinery, including 3D scanners and printers, sensors from the world of IOT and advanced programming packages, as well as cardiovascular hemodynamic bench simulator.
• Bio-Design – This unit is the only one in Israel based on the renowned Stanford Biodesign Innovation Process, which embraces innovation as a process that can be learned, practiced and perfected through multidisciplinary teamwork.
• Digital Health – Promotes the application of Big Data, machine learning and AI to the world of health care.
• Pharma – The Pharma unit enhance Pharmaceutical compounds research and development by staff physicians through grants, business model, and business development.
• Tele Medicine – Rambam promote the application of Tele-medicine in multiple modalities and
• Innovation Education – This unit leads annual innovation workshops for each department at Rambam; as well as an innovation course that teaches ideation, prototyping engineering, IP and more; and provides support to M.Sc. and Ph.D. medical and engineering students conducting research in applicable science.
The Rambam Innovation Center is headed by Dr. Yair Feld, and each of its units has its own director. The Center collaborates with MedTech, Rambam’s technology transfer unit; the Technion, including the Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering and the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering; the Rambam hospital staff; tech incubators, private industry and start-ups in the medical field, among others.
Recent projects developed with the support of RIC include: minimally invasive devices for valvular disorders, paravalvular leak post trans-catheter aortic valve implantation, and a BASILICA dedicated device to prevent coronary obstruction post trans-catheter aortic valve implantation.
RIC welcomes strategic partners wishing to benefit from Rambam’s extensive expertise and first-rate facilities in the field of health care innovation.
For information contact: Dr. Yair Feld
Email: [email protected]